Use this article to manage submissions. A submission is a draft of new data to add to a dataset (following the data standards defined in a template) that must be validated and approved.
Create a Submission
Follow the steps below to create a submission. You can also see in-depth learning within the Claravine Academy Resources for Users - course 102: Submissions.
To create a new submission:
- On the Datasets Page, click the +New button on the template Dataset.
The Create Submission page displays.
Enter information in the submission table. Columns have been governed by your Administrator to accept certain information. Use the following table to review the different governance an Administrator can put on row entries.
Hover your mouse over the icon to view the tooltip for the field.
Pattern columns reveal the taxonomy pattern for this template, the Pattern is also known as the tracking code, campaign ID/CID, key, UTM ID, etc. The Pattern field is locked and cannot be changed.
Locked columns have values that are read-only and cannot be overwritten. The fields display in gray.
Text columns allow you to manually enter information into the field. Administrators may choose to populate previous entries as a dynamic list, allowing manual entry or selection of a previously entered value.
List columns provide you a designated list of options to use in the field. You cannot make entries in this field that are not included in the governed list. Administrators may choose to allow multi-select entries.
A calendar widget allows you to select a date from a calendar and Claravine will transform it to the correct date format required by the Administrator.
- Fields in red: If you enter a value in a field that does not match the parameters designated by your Administrator, the field turns red indicating there is an error. Hover your mouse over the red field to view the error message indicating what is incorrect. Click the error icon in the top right corner of the Submission Table to jump to the next error field.
- Red asterisks: A column header with a red asterisk indicates this is a required field. The field also turns red indicating the field is required and blank.
- Quick Entry: To save time entering information, you can highlight the fields you would like to duplicate into other rows and drag the blue dot to the necessary rows. You can paste values into the Submission Table from external spreadsheets.
- Deleting Rows: Highlight the rows you would like to delete. Right-click and select Remove Row or click the Delete button on your keyboard.
- Save Your Work: Click Save to save your Submission Table in Drafts.
- Download Submission Table: Save your Submission Table as a draft, then click the Download icon to export a copy of your Submission Table as a CSV file.
- Search: Use the Search field to find a specific value in the Submission Table.
- Enter the final destination URL/Landing Page in the Link column. The platform will append the Pattern and any additional parameters as designed by your Administrator.
Link Status: The Administrator has designated certain URL audits. The audits can include: does the page entered in the Link column exist, does the page entered in the Link column have an Adobe or Google Analytics pixel, does the page entered in the Link column have the correct Adobe or Google Analytics target information coded correctly. The platform is also verifying the URL with applicable parameters will take the consumer to a final page without the link breaking or being sent to a 404 error.
If any of the audits fail, this does not stop you from clicking Submit. This is a warning to you that there may be an error with the page entered in the Link column. We suggest contacting the Site Owner to confirm the page is configured correctly.
Enter a Submission Name. Some Administrators make this field required. The Submission Name is an identifier for this submission making it easy to identify it in the Submissions page. This is an open text field with a limit of 255 characters.
- Click Submit to begin the processing workflow and send the metadata to the target your Administrator designated. You see the Submission submitted successfully message at the bottom of the window.
The Data page displays.
In the Data tab you can view:
- The values you selected or entered.
- Populated random numbers, auto numbers, auto dates.
- Final URL links with the appended Pattern and any additional parameters designed by your Administrator. This link is what you use behind the campaign creative. You can copy the link from the Data page.
- You can download the submission as a CSV by clicking Download.
- You will receive a submission confirmation email from Claravine with the submission CSV file attached.
In the History tab, you can view the status of the submission to its downstream targets. A green dot indicates the data was fully processed. A blue dot indicates the data is in progress. A red dot indicates the submission failed; please contact your Administrator. Each submission and resubmission generates a submission history pane. Expand each submission history pane to view the processing stages, all outbound destination processing stages and details, files sent to email, SFTP, S3 or other outbound destinations.
Want to get hands-on training on this topic?
Find more in-depth learning within the Claravine Academy Resources for Users - course 102: Submissions
View a Submission
To view a submission:
- Click Submissions on the navigation bar.
- Select the Submissions tab.
The Submissions history page displays.
You can view the following information on the Submissions page:
This is the name of the template used in the submission.
This indicates the Submission Name as entered in the submission.
This indicates the number of lines in the submission.
This indicates the name of the user that created the submission.
This shows the date and time the submission was last submitted (including resubmission).
This shows the status of the submission:
- Success: The data was received and processed.
- Processing: The submission is still being validated or sent to the outbound destinations, it is in progress.
Use the Search field to search for a particular Submission Name. Use the Dataset drop-down menu to filter on a particular template.
- Click the submission line to view the Data page.
Edit a Submission
You can edit a submission if your Administrator has permitted you.
We recommend utilizing the Dataset view for all edit work to ensure you're updating the most up-to-date data.
Learn more in the Editing Data support article.