Creating a template requires several steps and we recommend an order of operations for an easy creation process. Follow the steps below in order to create a new template with ease. Included are tips and important reminders in each step.
Account and Target
- You must have a connected Account and Target if you want to send metadata to Adobe or Google Analytics (if using dimension widening).
- If you have recently updated the classifications or dimensions, resave your Target to Sync New Adobe Classifications to Claravine.
- If the template is using basic UTM parameters and is not using UTM ID or connecting to Adobe, an Account and Target are not needed.
Patterns generate a Key (aka tracking code, campaign code, CID, UTM ID, etc.) which are not required in a template but will generate a locked taxonomy structure for URLs and Analytics. Create a new Pattern if needed.
If the template is using basic UTM parameters, you do not need Patterns.
Rename column headers to make it easy to associate your list columns to fields in the next step.
・Create a new Field Set by one of the following methods: from scratch, import the field names from a Target, import the field names from a Pick List, or duplicate another field set.
・Define each field type as Text, List, Concatenate, Constant, Autofill, or Date.
・Every column of a Pick List must have an associated field if you intend to use the column values in your template.
・Confirm the Target Mapping to designate which classification/dimension the data will be sent to in Adobe/Google Analytics.
・Descriptions show as tooltips in the submission table.
Folders are used to organize templates and control users' access. If you add a template to an existing Folder, Groups given access to that Folder will automatically have access to the new Template.
If this is a new Folder, be sure to go to Groups and assign the Folder (or Template only) and Users.
Select Fields for the template to manage the field ordering, set the required or optional status, and visible or invisible status in the schema.
Select Patterns for the template.
If the pattern variable is a date, autofilled value, or pick list value, open the edit menu and designate the field to autofill from.
Designate the Pattern is the Key to send to Adobe/Google Analytics. Open the Edit menu on the Parent Pattern field and Associate Field Sets. This step indicates to Claravine that the output of the Pattern is the Key and the values entered in the fields of the Associated Field Set will be sent to Adobe/Google Analytics as metadata classifications.
Open the Edit menu for a field to default a Drill Down value.
Open the Edit menu on the Link field to define parameters and validations.
Design email and other outbound file exports of completed submissions.
- Training in Claravine Academy: About Pick Lists
- Training in Claravine Academy: Drop-Down Pick Lists
- Training in Claravine Academy: Dependent Pick Lists
- Training in Claravine Academy: Drill-Down Pick Lists
- Training in Claravine Academy: Creating a Template
- Training in Claravine Academy: Managing an Existing Template
- Training in Claravine Academy: Pro Tips for Template Builds
Training in Claravine Academy: About Field Sets
- Training in Claravine Academy: About Patterns
- Training in Claravine Academy: About Folders
- Training in Claravine Academy: Managing Folders