Claravine needs an API connection into any Adobe account you want to connect with. To do so, please create a Claravine user in Adobe using the email address email@example.com.
Permissions suggested within the Enterprise User Management Product Profile include:
- Report Suites: access to all report suites for which Claravine will be used
- Metrics: we don't necessarily need access to the metrics; we will not be using them
- Dimensions: we need access to any variables that Claravine will be used to push data to classifications for, as well as any variables that we need to include in the validation check when we ensure the page is ready. We're not able to access any real data without metric or UI access (which we don't require), so this is not granting us access to data directly.
- Report Suite Tools: Report Suites (Read), Report Suites (Write) [we will not be creating any report suites, just accessing the list of report suites and writing data to classifications], Conversion Variables (if working with classifications for eVars or validating their presence on a page), Traffic Variables (if working with classifications for props or validating their presence on a page)
- Analytics Tools: Permissions (Read) - Web Services, Permissions (Write) - Web Services, Web Service Access, Logs - Web Services, Code Manager - Web Services
Provisioning Web Services Access allows report suites, reports, and classification information to be shared between Adobe and Claravine. We do not need the password, we will never log in to Adobe.
You can provide the Company Name, User Name, and Shared Secret to your Customer Success Manager to enter in Claravine or enter the information directly in Claravine.
To find the Company Name, User Name, and Shared Secret in Adobe Analytics:
- Select the Admin Menu.
- Select User Management (legacy).
- In the Users section, click Edit Users.
- Search for the account name associated with your Claravine integration. Select the name.
- In the User Tab, in the Access section, check the box to Regenerate shared secret on save.
- Find the Company Name, User Name, and Shared Secret in the Web Services Credentials section. Provide this information to your Customer Success Manager or copy it into Claravine.
Apply the Company Name, User Name, and Shared Secret in Claravine
- Click Settings in the Navigation menu.
- Click Accounts in the Integrations Sub-Navigation menu.
The Accounts page displays.
- Click to create a new Account.
The Edit New Connected Account menu displays.
- Enter the following information for the Account:
We recommend entering a description to make it easier to determine the use of the Account when creating targets.
- Select Adobe Analytics.
- Input the following information:
- Company Name
- User Name:Company Name (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org:Claravine)
- API Shared Secret
- Click Save.