Watch a video showing you how to create a submission, each type of field you may see in a template, and the submission process.
To create a submission:
- Click Submissions on the Navigation menu.
The Templates page displays.
- In the Templates Sub-Navigation menu, click the name of the Template to use from the Folder. The templates available to you are determined by the Administrator.
The Create Submission table displays.
- Enter information in the Submission Table. Columns have been governed by your Administrator to accept certain information. Use the following table to review the different governance an Administrator can designate.
Hover your mouse over the icon to view the tooltip for the field.
Field Type Description
Pattern columns reveal the taxonomy pattern for this template, the Pattern is also known as the tracking code, campaign ID/CID, key, UTM ID, etc. The Pattern field is locked and cannot be changed. Locked Locked columns have values that are read-only and cannot be overwritten. The fields display in gray. Text Text columns allow you to manually enter information into the field. Administrators may choose to populate previous entries as a dynamic list, allowing manual entry or selection of a previously entered value. List List columns provide you a designated list of options to use in the field. You cannot make entries in this field that are not included in the governed list. Administrators may choose to allow multi-select entries.
A calendar widget allows you to select a date from a calendar and Claravine will transform it to the correct date format required by the Administrator.
If you enter a value in a field that does not match the parameters designated by your Administrator, the field turns red indicating there is an error. Hover your mouse over the red field to view a list of errors per column, row, and error type. Click the error icon in the top right corner of the Submission Table to jump to the next error field.
A column header with a red asterisk indicates this is a required field. The field also turns red indicating the field is required and blank.
Quick Entry: To save time entering information, you can highlight the fields you would like to duplicate into other rows and drag the blue dot to the necessary rows.
Copy and Paste: Paste values into the Submission Table from external spreadsheets or within the Submission Table using Ctrl+V.
Inserting Rows: Right-click and select Insert Row.
Deleting Rows: Highlight the rows you would like to delete. Right-click and select Remove Row or click the Delete button on your keyboard.
Save Your Work: Click Save to save your Submission Table in Drafts.
Download Submission Table: Click Save then the Download icon to export a copy of your Submission Table as a CSV file.
Use the Search field to find a specific value in the Submission Table.
- Enter the final destination URL in the Link column. Upon submission, Claravine will append the Pattern and any additional parameters as designed by your Administrator.
Link Status: The Administrator has designated certain link audits. The audits can include: does the page entered in the Link column exist, does the page entered in the Link column have an Adobe or Google Analytics pixel, does the page entered in the Link column have the correct Adobe or Google Analytics target information coded correctly.
If any of the audits fail, this does not stop you from clicking Submit. This is a warning to you that there may be an error with the page entered in the Link column. We suggest contacting the Site Owner to confirm the page is configured correctly.
- Enter a Submission Name. Some Administrators make this field required. The Submission Name is an identifier for this submission making it easy to identify it in the Submissions history page. This is an open text field with a limit of 255 characters.
- When all required fields have been filled in and there are no errors in the table, click Submit to send the metadata to the target your Administrator designated. You see the “Submission submitted successfully” message at the bottom of the window.
If there are errors or blank required fields in the submission, the Submit button remains gray. You must correct all errors and fill in all required fields in the Submission Table.
The Data page displays.
In the Data tab you can view:
- The submission has a status of Success.
- The values you selected or entered.
- Populated random numbers, auto numbers, auto dates.
- Final URL links with the appended Pattern and any additional parameters designed by your Administrator. This link is what you use behind the campaign creative. You can copy the link from the Data page.
- You can download the submission as a CSV by clicking Download.
- You will receive a submission confirmation email from Claravine with the submission CSV file attached.
In the History tab, you can view the status of the submission to its downstream targets. A green dot indicates the data was fully processed. A blue dot indicates the data is in progress. A red dot indicates the submission failed, please contact your Administrator. Each submission and resubmission generates a submission history pane. Expand each submission history pane to view the Claravine processing stages, all outbound destination processing stages and details, files sent to email, SFTP, S3 or other outbound destinations.
What's Next: Learn how to correct and edit a submission.